History

A small group of photography enthusiasts founded the Stamford Camera Club in 1945. It was later renamed The Photography Club of Lower Fairfield County and is now known as the Stamford Photography Club. The organization has grown to be a leading photography club in the area attracting members from Fairfield County in Connecticut, and Westchester County in New York. For those interested in the history of photography, milestones within the Club illustrate the changes advancing technology has brought to this art form:

1958 – The Club established a new print category in which members made their own prints.

1979 – The Club established a new color print category for prints processed by a commercial lab.

1990 – The Club established a black and white print category for prints processed by a commercial lab.

2007 – The Club went live with its own web site.

2008 – The Club eliminated the category of traditional slides.

2008 – The Club added a digital image category.

2014 – The Club created its own Facebook page.